In Knowi, Category provides a way to segment your assets in a folder structure for easy access and categorization.
You can organize your dashboards and widgets into categories and sub-categories to improve how you navigate your assets and collaborate with others.
To create a category:
- From the Navigation Pane on the left, select Dashboards or Widgets and click Manage Categories and + to add a New Category
- Hovering over the category gives you options to share or manage category.
- To create additional sub-categories within your category, select Add sub-category
- To rename a category, select Rename
- To clone a category and its contents to a new location, select Copy
- To delete a category and its contents, select Delete
Note: This does not delete the assets, but rather removes the association of the asset to that category.
- You can also drag and drop dashboards or widgets to category.
For more information about sharing categories and permissions, see Category Roles & Permissions