- Post Analyze/Data Transformation Filters: There is a new option in the dashboard and widget filter settings that enables the users to filter on the final results (after any data transformation steps from Analyze or Cloud9QL along the way), instead of just the fields at the dataset level.
- This needs to be enabled in the filter settings. By default, it’s turned off to only filter by dataset level fields.
- To create a dashboard filter on a widget level field you must enable the Widget Field Filters setting on each widget that you want to be affected by the dashboard filter.
- When the Widget Field Filters setting is set to Yes, the filter UI will show a ‘Widget Data Filtering’ option that allows you to select between fields found at the Dataset level or the fields created in the Widget.
- Cascading FIlters can also work with widget fields but you can not combine widget and dataset fields into the same filter tree.
- Performance on Widget Data Filters may be slower than the dataset filters, since the filters are applied on the post-processed data.
- Video: https://www.loom.com/share/997f53d62e034b43beca3f6d1237bbeb?sid=fd5eb065-b44a-4255-8ca2-5ad23054eb5f
Drilldown Enhancements: Allows you to pass in parent widget filters into subsequent drilldowns at the widget level.
- Pass-through Widget Filters. When set, will apply any widget filters from the parent widget onto the subsequent widget being drilled into. This is the same functionality that is already available for dashboard filters and dashboard drilldowns.
- Pass-through Drilldown Filters. When checked, the filters caused by the previous drilldown will continue to apply to the next drilldown. All existing drilldowns will have this setting turned on by default.
- We have fixed the Drilldown When Clicked setting to work with non-grid widgets. The widget must plot multiple fields on the Y-axis for this setting to be useful. This allows the user to configure different Drilldown actions when clicking on different fields in the widget. (2726)
- When hovering over a clickable point of a drilldown the user’s cursor will change from an arrow to a hand icon to imply that the data point has click-through functionality.
Additional New Items
- We have added a Change Dataset and On Click Event Handler settings to Data Summary and KPI widgets which can be found in the Advanced Configuration under widget settings. (2971)
- Datagrid conditional formatting gradient will adjust the min and max column values as the data in the dataset updates and changes. (2964)
- Pie and donut charts will update the total displayed as you select and deselect legend items. (3018)
- The user can now easily resize columns in the data analyze and query preview. These changes in column size will not reflect on the widget, they are meant to enhance the user’s viewing experience when previewing their data. (3026)
- NLP date filter fix for “last x [time]” commands. (2990)
- Ex: Show count of orders over 100k over the last 2 years.
- Fixed color gradient to better correspond to the values on datagrid heatmap widgets. (3009)
- Fixed Legend ordering setting on column charts. (2954)
- Fixed issues with widget color scheme: Fixed colors changing randomly, restored ability to add values not currently displayed on the chart and remove values that are no longer displayed on the chart. (2967)