Lots of ground to cover this release. In the last update, we launched our InstantSights feature that generates plain english insights (summaries, anomalies, growth patterns etc.) from any widget. The key theme to this release is additional features around it to drive value from your data quickly.
New InstantSights Widget:
This new widget allows you to collate insights from other widgets (upto three) to display on your dashboard. This gives you a quick summary into your data and allows InstantSights to show up in PDF exports.
This widget type can be created without requiring a dataset to be associated with it.
In addition, on the create widget menu, you can now set the widget type directly from the UI (instead of a grid first and changing to a visualization later). (2781)
New Present mode can be found at the top of your dashboard which turns the widgets on your dashboard plus their corresponding InstantSights into a virtual slideshow. This is meant for presentations and for broadcasting live data to big screen TV’s (with full screen modes, auto slides forwarding, looping etc).
Export to Powerpoint:
You can also export your visualizations into PowerPoint now. For a given dashboard, this will export each visualization along with InstantSights into a PowerPoint download.
Added the following configurable settings for SAML: (2706)
Set user specific content filters
Set user default dashboard for when the user logs in
Manage users’ role
Manage users’ groups
Set URL destination when user logs out.
These are also now supported into our Okta SSO integration.
- For Line, Spline, Area, and stacked area charts, when the X-axis type is ‘None’ any blank or null Y values will result in breaks in the line rather than defaulting to 0. (2745)
- For direct queries with a cache, the cache length will be noted in the query listing in the schedule column. (2751)
- Case statements, conditions and results, can now include basic arithmetic formulas, decimals, parenthesis, and round functions: (2473)
Case when X = X then X*5+Y*5
Case when X > Y*1.5 then Z
Case when X <= Y then X*(Z+1)
Case when X LIKE Y then Round(Z/100,2)
- If a user tries to access a dashboard that is not shared with them it will notify the user that their access has been denied and to contact their admin, before the user would be bounced to another dashboard
- We have added pagination for Quickbooks queries. (2778)
- In SSO embed you can hide the NLP bar and dashboard settings while maintaining the dashboard filters. (2769)
- Added ‘Outpost’ as an option for the Namespace endpoint for Cloudwatch queries. (2786)