Analyze option is available on all widgets inside a dashboard from the widget options dropdown beneath settings. This opens up the widget in ad hoc mode, displaying a data grid. Ad hoc analysis is driven by the data grid, which has two key areas:
- List of fields on the left-hand side of the grid
- The grid header section includes:
- i. Fields/Metrics: Fields that will be displayed on the grid
- ii. Grouping/Dimensions: Field(s) to segmentation the data by
- iii. Filters: To add a filter to the section.
- iv. Sort: Field Sorting
Drag and Drop a field into one of the header sections. A drop down menu will be shown upon the drop that you can use to optionally use to rename and apply any functions/aggregations on the data applicable.
To save an analysis, use the save menu save to the same widget, or clone to a new widget, which will create a new visualization based on analysis.
Ad hoc analytics can be applied during the data plumbing/query phase. Upon a query preview, use the ad hoc grid to drive the analysis, including nested elements. This will be saved as part of the query. See the example below.