- Basic filtering can be used to set filtering on the data.
Cloud9QL can be used to further manipulate the data in advanced ways. See Cloud9QL documentation for more details.
Supports Equals/Not Equals/Greater Than/ Greater Than Equals/ Less Than/Less Than Equals/Contains criteria for each field. Multiple filters can be added using the + icon. Multiple filters imply an AND condition (Use Cloud9QL for OR criteria).
Setting Filter Audience
Several options exist when setting a filter. These are:
- Set as personal filter (this filter will be seen by you only)
- Set as global filter (for Admins and Dashboard Owners and will set this filter as the default filter for all users)
- Visible/Hidden (for Admins and Dashboard Owners and will set the visibility of this filter for all users)
- Reset filter (resets any personal filters back to the global default set by the Admin or Owner)
Pressing 'Save' directly (without expanding the dropdown) will, by default, set the filter selection as a Personal Filter.
If data contains JSON, the nested fields will be shown in list to filter, so you can filter through inner fields. Note that list contain only few nested fields as we not scan whole dataset for the JSON data. You are welcome to use Cloud9QL to filter any nested field.
By default, we'll sample the dataset associated with the filter element to populate the sample fields.
In addition, you can also set the hit list to be from the results of another dataset (typically the results of another query). To do this:
a. Create a query that returns the values you want to display.
b. Use the database icon next to add/remove filter buttons. This will set auto-suggestions populated as a result of other query or dataset.
If a dataset is selected, the list of auto-suggestions appends following the rule:
- if the dataset contains a column with the same name as the column to be filtered, the values of that column are added
- if the dataset does not, the first column values are returned
Note: The icon is available only on edit modes. If dashboard for example, is shared via URL, the set-up icon will not be shown for dataset autosuggestions. In view only modes, the suggestions are shown based on the dataset associated with the auto-suggestions, (if configured) or will default to the sampling method.
Cloud9QL filters enable advanced filters with or without basic filtering. Use it to transform data, perform aggregations, change field names and perform data manipulations in advanced ways.
Ad hoc Analysis
Data associated with a widget can be analyzed using a drag & drop interface. See Ad Hoc Analysis section for more details.
Drilldowns enable powerful point and click drilldowns from one widget into another widget. Data from the parent widget can be used as keys into the drilldown widget to filter the data specifically for the point selected.