In this Quick Start example, we'll use the UI to connect to our pre-configured MongoDB database in the cloud to visualize and analyze data.
Note: For Datasources inside the network, we provide an agent that securely connects from inside the network. See Cloud9Agent for more details.
- Login to Knowi and click on Queries on the left navigation bar
- Click on New Datasource+ from the right menu bar.
- A list of different Datasources is displayed.
- Select MongoDB from the list of Datasources. Pre-configured settings are available to access our Knowi demo MongoDB database.
Click on Test Connection, and a 'connection successful' popup will appear.
Click Save, then click the Configure Queries link on the success bar.
For Datasources with direct access, we will automatically pull a list of collections along with field samples (or column names for relational databases). Queries can be auto-generated using the UI or written directly into the query box.
Following is an animated GIF on how to discover, query, and generate insights from the data quickly:
- Click Create & Run after filling in all the necessary details.
Click Create Visualization and then click Save. It will open up a modal window to enter the widget's name.
Enter the required information in the modal window and click on +Create to create a new widget.
Go to the dashboard, click on widgets, and drag and drop the newly created widget into a dashboard.
Dashboards can be shared and embedded in a few clicks and also includes a range of visualization options, on the new widget along with powerful filter and data manipulation capabilities.
Summary: In a few simple steps, we've connected, discovered and visualized data from MongoDB.