Key features of Knowi:
- Secure connectivity to underlying datasources
- Ability to discover, query, clean, aggregate and pipeline data across heterogeneous datasources
- Native integrations to NoSQL and SQL-based datasources
- Leaves data at sources, with an optional elastic store to cache query results.
- Self-Service Data Visualization, Ad hoc Analysis, dashboards & reports
- Share & OEM embed capabilities
- Multi-datasource Joins
- Machine Learning
- Trigger Notifications, Alerts & Web-hooks
- Enterprise-level security
- Cloud, On-premise or Hybrid deployment modes
In this Quick start example, we'll use the UI to connect to our pre-configured MongoDB database in the cloud to visualize and analyze data from it.
Note: For datasources inside the network, we provide an agent that securely connect from inside the network. See Cloud9Agent for more details.
Login to Knowi and click on Settings -> Datasources from the left menu bar.
Select MongoDB from the list of datasources. Pre-configured settings are available to access our Knowi demo MongoDB database.
Click 'Save', then click on the "Configure Queries" link on the success bar.
For datasources with direct access, we will automatically pull a list of collections along with field samples (or column names for relational databases). Queries can be auto-generated using the UI, or can be written directly into the query box.
Following is an animated GIF on how to discover, query and generate insights from the data quickly:
Add the newly created widget into to a dashboard:
Dashboards can be shared and embedded in a few clicks and also includes a range of visualization options, on the new widget along with powerful filter and data manipulation capabilities.
Summary: In a few simple steps, we've connected, discovered and visualized data from MongoDB.